Sunday, October 7, 2012

BLU'S BATH DAY

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday!

Sorry that I haven't been around much, but my Mom has been kind of busy with work and all to help me write a blog.  But to my surprise today she decided to take a break and tell you all about my bath day.  I wanted another subject like "See Blu chase Chris for a treat", but I lost.  :-)  She thought it would be fun for everyone to see pictures of me wet and soapy.  Mom might have thought it was fun, but nope not me, I no like getting a bath.  Anyways, we all survived and the best part was the humans got as wet as I did.  Payback is sooo sweet!!!  :-)  I hope you enjoy the photo story.

In September, after a long hot summer, Mom finally had some time off from work, Chris was home, it was a Blue moon weekend, so Mom said it was time to give me a bath!!  Chris said he would help, and I had no vote in the manner.  Not fair.   They even went out and bought me a bath tub to put in the bath tub and a sprayer.





Come to find out it is actually the largest cat litter box Mom could find.  Them humans have no respect!!!

So, they joyfully filled up my bathtub with nice soapy water and put me in there against my will of course.

                                                If this is a bath, where is the rubber ducky?

Not only did I not have a toy to play with, but the kitty cat Tux was in the bathroom also watching the whole show.  I could tell that he was really enjoying watching the humans give me a bath.  I really think he was laughing.  But, here comes the fun part.  What was he laughing at?  Me or the fact that the humans forgot that a cat litter box has no plug, so there was no way for them to drain out the soapy water and rinse off the soapy me.  HAHA humans think they are so smart.  Whoo Hooo!!!    Now it is my time to laugh!!!
Mom has to get into the tub and hold me while Chris rinses me and Mom off.  Now Chris is smiling with glee, Tux is laughing and me mom is well what can I say going to get wet!!  I actually enjoyed this part of the bath.  :-)

                                                                    Mom and me wet!!!!




Okay,  enough is enough can you please dry me off so that I can go get the treats you humans promised me after this bath.

 Finally dried off and of course they had to brush me. Treat time.
                                                A very clean and groomed Blu on Wheels. 

                                    Nine months after having my back surgery my fur is all grown back.

Well, that's my fun story of  bath day, and I hope you enjoyed it.  Mom is again talking about giving me another bath before winter sets in. But, at least she said this time it will be me and Freckles getting a bath.   So, Freckles and I are already plotting out how we can get the humans really wet and also Tux the cat.   :-)


I also wanted to give you all an update on how my sister Freckles is doing.  As you may or may not know, Freckles ruptured a disk in the lower part of her back in September.  The rupture was luckily in a disk lower than the one that ruptured on me and fortunately she showed no signs of  not being able to walk. But, she was in a lot of pain.  After having an MRI done, our vet said he didn't want to operate.  He felt "doggy bed rest:"  and medication was the first thing to do to see if she recovered.  Otherwise, he would have to operate.  The good news is she RECOVERED without surgery.  Whoo Hooo, I am so happy she is okay again.  Freckles is happy also.  The humans are still making sure that she is taking it easy and all.  

                                                                 Freckles taking it easy

Oh, one more thing before I go.  I want to introduce you to the latest member of the Dudley Zoo.....

Meet Sunny, a 4 month old Parrolet.  Chris is trying to get him to go on his finger, but Sunny likes to bite his finger instead.  Us pups are enjoying the show.

I hope you enjoyed my bath adventure!  Have a great Sunday and Columbus Day weekend.

Love, Blu





 

                                                     

8 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Our boys are getting a bath later today - don't tell them!

I'm glad Freckles is okay - that must have been scary!

Sam

Unknown said...

Nice seeing you again. Bah bath time is hide time. Blu you are one patient dude. I'd have gone onto hiding. Great news about Freckles. Have a super Sunday.
Best wishes Molly

Raising Addie said...

WOW you did very well in your bath Blu! We are not that good :)

So glad that Freckles is ok. That kind of issue is so scary.

LOVE the new addition to your family!

BIG hugs to you guys!
Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

Lovable Lily said...

Hi Blu,
We are so happy to hear from you once again (and to see you too.) We are delighted that you are doing well. We loved your bath time story and the pictures are pawtastic. Great that you got Mom wet too!

We're sorry to hear that Freckles had back problems too. Thank goodness she is much better after crate rest!

And... we love your new birdie!

Hope you have a great October.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Topcat said...

Hi Blu, we're all so happy to see you well. Quite frankly, you look really happy in the last photo. My dad said, "that's one happy puppy" there. We're also thankful that Freckles didn't have to have surgery. Sunny looks pretty too. Hmmm... I think that your mom likes getting wet and holding you too. She looks happy. Things are good in the Dudley household.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Blu, we're all so happy to see you well. Quite frankly, you look really happy in the last photo. My dad said, "that's one happy puppy" there. We're also thankful that Freckles didn't have to have surgery. Sunny looks pretty too. Hmmm... I think that your mom likes getting wet and holding you too. She looks happy. Things are good in the Dudley household

TimberLove said...

Harrooo little one, hope you are well, merry Christmas and happy new year!

RA, Isis & NanĂ¼k

Lovable Lily said...

Happy Holidays! We hope that you're doing OK. We've not heard from you in a while and miss that sweet little face.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

 
Copyright (c) 2012 Blu on Wheels. Template by WPThemes Expert
Customized by RaisingAddie